'Armstrong' will remain my hero , Yuvraj Singh

Indian all-rounder Yuvraj Singh still is ready to call disgraced seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong a source of inspiration, reports NDTV.

"I've read everything that has come out on him. I sent him a New Year message saying that he would always be my hero no matter what the world says.

"Coming back from cancer and achieving so much makes him great. He is an idol. You see super heroes in fiction, he's a real life hero," Yuvraj, who also survived cancer, said in Kolkata on Wednesday.

Armstrong was last year stripped of his seven Tour titles and lost most of his sponsors after the US Anti-Doping Agency said he had been at the front of a systematic doping programme.

Yuvraj said that 2013 would a crucial year for him.

"2013 will be an interesting year. It will prove whether I can perform the way I used to. I hope to better my performance. I work very hard to come out of the phase."
bdnews24.com


Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Cricket | Live Cricket
Copyright © 2011. Cricket : Live Score,News, Statistics - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger